VITEEE 2013 > FAQs'
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I. How to Apply?
II. Exam Schedule
1. When is the VITEEE-2013 Entrance Examination?
VIT Entrance examination (VITEEE-2013) is scheduled between 15th April and 30th April 2013 in selected cities all over India and abroad.
2. What is the duration of VITEEE - 2013?
The examination will be for a duration of two and half hours.
1. I have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in +2. For which branches of B.Tech. am I eligible to seek admission, if I qualify in VITEEE?
You will be eligible only for Three B.Tech. Degree programmes:
2. I have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, in +2. Which branches in B.Tech. am I eligible to seek admission, if I qualify in VITEEE?
Yes, you can apply, but at the time of counselling you should produce the proof that you have secured 60% aggregate in PCM / PCB.
5. I have secured 60% marks over all aggregate marks in the qualifying examination, but I have not secured 60% marks aggregate in PCM / PCB, am I eligible for VITEEE?
The candidates with 60% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology are alone eligible to apply for VITEEE.
6. I scored a very high percentage in my qualifying +2 examination. Will this be taken into consideration for my admission into VIT or will this be considered on par with my marks scored in VITEEE for admission?
Your admission into B.Tech. will be based purely on your rank in VITEEE -2013
7. What should be the age criteria of the candidate to be eligible for VITEEE-2013?
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1991 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2013. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate / Birth proof certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age, at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
8. What are the eligibility criteria for appearing VITEEE-2013?
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National and should have studied in Regular, Full time and formal education.
9. Are the Diploma holders eligible to apply for VITEEE and join directly in the second year?
Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for VITEEE. Diploma holders are eligible for part time degree programme only.
10. I am a NRI candidate, How can I apply for VITEEE?
NRI candidates have two options.
You are required to send the filled-out OMR application form only.
IV. Syllabus & Programme Offered
1. What is the syllabus for VITEEE?
The syllabus for VITEEE is available in the VITEEE Information brochure & VIT website
2. What will be the pattern of the question paper?
The question paper consists of multiple choice questions only.
3. Can I have the model of question paper of VITEEE?
Sample questions are available in the information brochure & VIT website
4. What are the programmes offered at Vellore & Chennai Campus?
Programme offered at VIT Vellore campus:
V. Test City
1. In how many cities will VITEEE be conducted?
The examination will be conducted in 112 Test cities
2. After applying can I request for change of centre?
Allotment of centre is computer based. Therefore change of centre is not possible under any circumstances.
3. What are the Test Cities in foreign countries?
Test Cities in abroad are Dubai and Kuwait.
VI. Computer Based Test - [CBT]
1. How will I know if my application is received at VIT?
1. On what basis will the rank list be prepared?
The rank list will be prepared purely based on the marks scored by the candidates in VITEEE.
2. Will my rank in any other All India Competitive exams be considered?
Only the VITEEE score will be taken into account.
3. When will be the VITEEE Results declared?
On May 6, 2013. (Tentatively)
4. How can I know the VITEEE Results?
The entrance examination results will be available in the following websites:
1. Does the University offer any scholarships to meritorious VITEEE candidates ?
IX. Facilities Available
1. May I know about the hostel accommodation and the facilities available in the campus?
X. Route to VIT
1. How do I get to the University? How far is it from the railway station?
XI. Payment not successful
Question: Dear Sir , I had filled the online application for my son Aishwary raj singh , VIT engineering entrance examination 2013. While paying the application fee through net banking payment of Rs 934/- was deducted and the transaction was successful but while printing the application it is showing that the payment was not successful.
Ans: Even after amount is debited from your account, but due to network issues if you get error message as "Payment not Successful‚ÄĚ, please wait for Transaction plus 3 working days to get the status.
Director - UG Admissions
Vellore - 632 014.
91 416-220 2125 / 2157 / 2168
91 416-224 5544 / 224 5766