Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates. The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Candidates are advised not to make assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores
A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the VITEEE â€“ 2014.
- There is no provision to send the marks of the candidates (selected or unselected) by post.
- At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS, if the mobile number of the applicant is provided.
- There is no provision for re-grading and re-totalling.
- No photocopies of the answer sheets will be made available.
- No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.